Weekend arrives and so do the meetings with friends and family meals. Is it possible to have an active social life without having to give up healthy eating? 🤔
Of course! With these tips and your will power, you can have a good time without regrets.
Tips for a perfect evening dinning out 🥂
1. If you have the opportunity, take the initiative and suggest going to establishments with a menu that offers healthy and keto-friendly dishes. 🥗
There will always be sites that are suitable both for you and for your friends/family. (look for the menu on the restaurant’s website).
2. If you don’t know the place you are going to go, you can review the menu in advance. 📝
Look for the menu on the restaurant’s website!
3. Try to eat very low-carb food the rest of the day (just in case)...
...and not arrive hungrier than usual at the establishment, or you may end up eating the bread while you wait for the food. 🤭
4. Opt for dishes that combine healthy and low-carb ingredients, and, of course, that you like. 🥩
One tip is to choose those that include lots of vegetables, and avoid sauces or suspicious dressings.
Be proactive and ask if the meat or fish is accompanied by French fries – if so, you can ask them to change them for cooked vegetables or a side salad.
5. Eat slowly and take the opportunity to talk with the rest of the guests. 👯
Enjoy the food and the company!
6. If you are still hungry and want dessert, order it! 🍨
Some options would be strawberries with heavy cream or dark chocolate, herbal teas, tea or coffee (no added sugar!).
7. To drink, the best option is water. 💧
Steel or sparkling (you could also add lemon slices).
Avoid sugary and/or alcoholic drinks. On special occasions, choose a glass of champagne or dry wine.
8. Listen to your body. 👂🏼
The feeling of fullness is the signal to stop eating.
And last but not least…to achieve good health, a good social life is almost as important as healthy eating or physical exercise.
Do not sacrifice any of the components to get the other, combine them!