We know you have options when it comes to grocery retailers, but we’re here to let you in on the best keto finds! When it comes to filling up a kitchen with keto ingredients, look no further than these essential spots to score low-carb, high-fat finds at wallet-friendly prices.
Here's a list of the “hardest” items to find in a normal supermarket and where you can find them:
- Almond flour is a great flour alternative, and you can make so many amazing recipes using it! Kirkland’s (Costco’s home brand) almond flour is budget-friendly and the texture is great.
Everything bagel seasoning
- Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seasoning is simply "the bomb"! It includes a mix of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic and onion, and sea salt flakes that can be added to a variety of foods. You can find it at Trader Joe’s.
- You already know cauliflower is a big staple on the keto diet. But even though it is quite easy to make, you can find it already grated at ALDI.
- We know sugar is a no-no on the keto diet, so sweeteners are the way to go. One of the most used ones is Stevia. It contains little to no carbs or calories, making it suitable for a keto diet. You can find it at ALDI.
- As you now know, peanut butter has been a staple in the American pantry for decades. But lately, other types of nut butters, such as almond butter, are starting to gain in popularity. This one from Trader Joe's contains great ingredients, plus it’s delicious.
Avocado oil mayonnaise
- Mayonnaise is a great condiment. It is high fat, low protein, and it has zero carbohydrates. Primal Kitchen is the cleanest mayo you will find (it’s free from sugar, inflammatory oils, and other ingredients your body may not like). You will find it at a great price at Costco.
- Coconut oil is perfectly keto-friendly. Because it's pure fat, it can help you meet your increased fat needs without adding any carbs to your diet. You can find it at Sam's Club.
- Member’s Mark (Sam’s Club) avocado salsa made with fresh tomatillos is a great purchase to take some cooking time off your hands. Plus, it contains avocados, which are basically the keto king.
- Chia seeds are great for a keto diet! They're low in carbs but packed with fiber, making them filling and satisfying. You will find them at ALDI.
- As pasta is a no-go on the keto diet, a great replacement is veggie noodles. You will find these zucchini noodles at Costco.
- Trader Joe’s jicama wraps. These delicious wraps can be used as taco shells, sandwich wraps, quesadillas, or even as a base for a sweet treat.
- If you're running short on time, this ranch can be a great option to add to your side salads. This one from Whole Foods is a great option.
- If you’ve successfully avoided bread since you started your low-carb journey, congrats on sticking to your diet like a boss! It’s not always easy, but by some miracle, the keto gods have graced us with something spectacular: KETO BREAD. You can find it at ALDI.
- And, to bring even bigger smiles to our faces, now you can also find keto bagels!
- Who can say no to cookies? Definitely not us! At only 1g of net carbs, High Key mini cookies are keto-certified. You can find them at Target.
- Savoritz parmesan crisps are a healthy and delicious keto snack that requires zero cooking time. You will find them at ALDI.
- Coffee is such an easy grab-and-go drink. Super Coffee is a great option for when you are in a rush and has no time to prepare it. It’s sweetened with monk fruit and has other clean ingredients you can feel good about adding to your day. With less than 1g of sugar and 10g of protein, it’s a great way to start the day. It also has enough caffeine to equal two cups of coffee, so you will definitely be ready for whatever the day brings! You will find it at Costco.
These ingredients were selected for flexibility, affordability, and ease — meaning they will be a great addition when whipping up your keto recipes!
Also, we think it's worth mentioning that we’ve only scratched the surface here. There are many more items to choose from, and it doesn't mean you should specifically buy these products. They are only a way of adding some variation and grab-and-go items to your keto diet.
Do your research, and find products that you can purchase again and again. We believe the keto diet should be easy, delicious, and convenient. Happy keto-ing!