Whether you prefer getting lunches ready in the mornings or before bed during the week, preparing your child's lunchbox can seem like just another thing on the list.
School meals can be a great choice, but if you do make a packed lunch for your child, then we've got you covered with our range of quick, easy, healthy lunchbox ideas.
Tips for packing a healthy lunch that your kids will love, and will actually eat:
-Give them choices – Let your kids participate in the menu-planning process. Give them a few options, and let them pick what they want.
-Encourage them to help pack their own lunch - Once you have helped them to decide on a menu, let them help cook and pack up the food.
-Make sure that you are packing it in appropriate containers -It doesn't matter what you pack, if it doesn't make it to lunch in one piece or at the right temperature, they won't eat it! Check out some of our previous posts to know how to choose meal containers.
-Keep a "healthy treat" basket and let them pick something from it each day. Much like the first tip, this gives kids a sense of control.
Lunch ideas 🍴💭
- Turkey + Cheddar Roll-up + Fresh Berries + Yogurt + Trail Mix
- Hummus + Pita Bread + Grape Tomatoes + Cucumbers + Sliced Orange
- Cheese Quesadilla + Guacamole + Salsa + Strawberries
- Hard Boiled Eggs + Baby Carrots + Ranch + Pretzels + Peach
- Pasta Salad + Yogurt + Granola Bar + Raspberries
- Almond / Peanut Butter + Jelly Sandwich + String Cheese + Fruit
- Bagel + Cream Cheese + Yogurt + Baby Carrots + Fruit
- Veggie Wraps with Hummus + Edamame + Clementine + Granola Bar
- Rainbow Vegetable Spring Rolls + Cubed Meat or Cheese + Sliced Red Bell Peppers + Blueberries + Chocolate Square
- Cherry tomatoes + Grapes + Blueberries + Hummus + Pita Bread + Turkey and Cheese Roll Ups + Dark chocolate chips
- Raspberries + Blueberries + Broccoli + Egg Salad + Radishes + Ranch Dressing + Dark Chocolate Covered Peanuts/Raisins
- Cherry tomatoes + Celery With Cream Cheese + Peanut/Almond Butter And Banana Tortilla Roll-Ups + Strawberries and Blueberries + Dark Chocolate Covered Peanuts/Raisins
But if you are following the keto diet, probably you don't want to have "temptations" around, so considering the high-fat, low-carb (and incredibly popular) keto diet is based on meat, eggs, cheese, and plant-based fats (nuts, seeds, avocado, etc). It's easy to pack flavorful and filling keto-friendly lunches. Who needs sandwiches when you’ve got bacon chips?
Steps to create the perfect keto plate/tupperware:
MAIN MEAL 🍳:
- Cheese + Keto Crackers
- Turkey + Cheese Roll-ups
- Peanut Butter + Keto Sandwich
- Tuna salad
- Tofu / Tempeh
- Hard-boiled Eggs
- Meat + Cheese
- Keto Chips + Guacamole
- Veggie + Hummus Lettuce Wrap
FRUITS + VEGGIES 🍓:
- Baby Carrots
SIDES and SNACKS 🍫:
- Keto Bars
- Energy Balls
- String Cheese
- Trail Mix
- Keto Chips + Salsa
- Pudding Cup
- Keto Cookies / Muffin
With a little imagination, combining some of the previous foods you will not repeat any day of the week.
Keto Lunch ideas:
Roll up 3 slices of deli turkey, with 3 slices of cheese + 1/2 avocado, cucumber slices + a handful of blueberries + a handful of almonds
2 hard-boiled eggs + 1/2 avocado + cucumber slices + French onion dip + string cheese
Net carbs: 9 grams
Zoodles and Meatballs
3 cooked chicken meatballs + Zoodles tossed with lemon juice and olive oil + cubed cheddar cheese + roasted almonds + Babybel cheese
Net carbs: 8 grams
Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese Roll-Ups
Spread cream cheese onto slices of smoked salmon, roll them up, and slice + Zoodles tossed with lemon juice and olive oil + cucumber slices + cherry tomatoes + almonds
Net carbs: 12 grams
Hot Smoked Salmon
Smoked salmon + Guacamole + roasted broccoli + blueberries + almonds
Net carbs: 11 grams
Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps
Pick up some tuna salad from the salad bar and spoon it into romaine + Cubed cheddar cheese + pickles + almonds
Net carbs: 9 grams