We all know how special our mothers are. And although we should celebrate them all year long, Mother's Day is that day designated to celebrate how wonderful they are 💜
Although there are a thousand ways to celebrate them and honor their lives, we firmly believe that there is nothing better than sharing a family meal, which is also something that everyone can enjoy.
But not just any food... what better than a brunch! We've rounded up our best recipes for you to show her how much you love her and how much she means to you.
German Pancake 🥞
Servings: 4 / Total Carbs: 2g / Fiber: 0g
- 4 oz / 115g cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp butter
- Strawberries or blueberries and extra butter, for serving
- 1 packet of stevia or sweetener of choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F/ 220 C degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, add 5 tablespoons of butter to a glass or ceramic baking dish. Place the dish in the preheating oven. Allow the butter to melt completely and remove it from the oven.
- Add cream cheese, eggs, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla, sea salt, and vinegar to a blender. Blend until smooth and there are no bits of cream cheese visible.
- Pour mixture into baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve each portion topped with a pat of butter and berries.
Crepes with ricotta filling 🧀
Servings: 10 / Total Carbs: 4 / Fiber: 0g
For the crepes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour, superfine
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For ricotta cream
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese, drained
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar-free confectioner's sweetener (Swerve)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, water, vanilla, and butter. Sift in the flour and salt. Whisk all ingredients together until the batter is smooth. Let sit for 5 minutes as the flours absorb some of the liquid.
- Heat a skillet with oil or butter on medium-high heat. Add ¼ cup of batter and swirl batter in the pan forming a circular pancake. Cook for about 2 minutes and flip to cook the other side.
- For ricotta cream place cheese, whipping cream, sweetener, and vanilla in a large chilled bowl. Whip on low until combined, then increase speed to high and whip until thickened.
- Fill the crepes with ricotta cream and with the ingredients of your choice.
Breakfast Egg Casserole 🍳
Servings: 8 / Total Carbs: 3g / Fiber: 1g
- 10 large eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut cream or heavy cream
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup organic spinach
- 1 small zucchini sliced into rounds
- 1/3 cup chopped ham
- 1/2 cup sliced cremini or button mushrooms
- 3 cherry tomatoes sliced in half, vertically
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C degrees.
- Crack eggs into a medium-sized bowl. Add coconut cream and season with salt and pepper. Whisk until well-combined. Stir in spinach, zucchini, mushrooms, and tomatoes.
- Spray a pan with olive or coconut oil. Pour egg mixture then top with more tomatoes. Add cheddar and feta.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until eggs are set and not jiggly. Remove from oven once edges of casserole are golden brown.
- Allow cooling before cutting and serving.
Hope you enjoy these! Happy Mother's Day!