Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Add onion, spices, and buffalo sauce to the bottom of an instant pot. Stir well.
- Add in chicken thighs and toss to coat the thighs with sauce. Replace the lid and cook on high for 25 minutes.
- Once the 25 minutes are up, remove the lid and shred chicken.
- Stir in cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Top with additional cheddar cheese if desired.
Memorial Day Recipes 🇺🇸
Now that Memorial Day is here, these tasty and healthy recipes are bound to become family favorites for the summer! These simple recipe ideas are ideal for backyard get-togethers, as they have ingredients that everyone will enjoy. This selection includes some of our favorite holiday dishes, from barbecue classics to fresh sweets.
Servings: 6 / Calories: 192 / Fat: 13g / Protein: 7g / Carbs: 12g Fiber: 4g / Prep time: 10 min
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onions
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3 tbsp grated carrots
- 3 tsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp sliced almonds
- 2 tsp chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Water, only as needed to thin out the dressing
- First, wash the broccoli and cut into florets. Place the broccoli florets in a colander and rinse well. If you prefer your broccoli slightly cooked, you can blanch them in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Chop and grate the veggies. In a large bowl, add the diced onions, cabbage, carrots, and half of the seeds and nuts.
- To make the dressing, mix together tahini, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and yogurt. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Pour half of the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat all ingredients. Put aside the rest of the dressing to add in at the end.
- Add the remaining sunflower seeds and chopped nuts to the salad, then drizzle on the remaining dressing and toss again before serving.
Servings: 6 / Calories: 215 / Fat: 20g / Protein: 6g / Carbs: 7g / Fiber: 3g / Cooking time: 45 min
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 tbsp butter, coconut oil, or ghee
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 3/4 tap fine sea salt, or add to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion salt
- 2/3 cups crushed pork rinds or crumbled Parmesan cheese crisps
- 2 tbsp nut crumbs
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F / 200 C degrees.
- Grease a baking pan and add the broccoli and cauliflower florets. Drizzle with 1 tsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter over medium heat then sprinkle in the flour and cook for 1 minute, while whisking constantly. Slowly pour in the broth, then milk, coconut cream & cream cheese while whisking to prevent lumps from forming. Continue cooking and stirring until the sauce reduces and thickens. Taste and season with salt, pepper, onion salt & garlic powder as needed.
- Pour the thickened sauce over the roasted broccoli and cauliflower.
- Top with nut crumbs followed by the crushed pork rinds mixture or Parmesan crisps.
- Bake for 13-18 minutes, or until bubbly and topping is golden.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Servings: 4 / Calories: 319 / Fat: 26g / Protein: 13g / Carbs: 15g Fiber: 8g / Cooking time: 15 min
For the salad:
- medium strawberries, washed and dried
- 4-5 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp fresh basil or mint finely chopped
- 1 small avocado, sliced or diced
- 2 tbsp toasted pecans or walnuts
- 2 tbsp slivered or sliced toasted almonds
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cooked protein of choice, shredded chicken, turkey, or crumbled tofu
- 1/2 tablespoon crumbled feta or vegan cheese of choice, for serving
- 4 medium strawberries
- 3 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup or preferred sticky liquid sweetener
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- Add the vinaigrette ingredients to a small blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Taste and add additional sweetener if you want a sweeter dressing.
- In a large salad bowl, add the spinach. Prepare the strawberries by removing the tops and slicing thinly.
- Cut the red onions and green onions into thin slices and add them to the bowl.
- When ready to serve, pour half of the dressing over the salad and gently toss until combined. Add in the sliced avocado and sprinkle with pecans, toasted almonds, and crumbled feta, if using. Add any optional add-ins.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing or set apart the dressing.
- Serve immediately with more nuts and crumbled feta, if desired.
Servings: 4 / Calories: 120 / Fat: 12g / Protein: 1g / Carbs: 3g Fiber: 1g / Cooking time: 30 min
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 4 salmon filets
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee, melted
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Zest from half a lime
- Oil for grilling
- Lime slices, chopped cilantro or parsley, for serving
- Season salmon generously with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, olive oil, paprika, coconut aminos, garlic, lime juice, and lime zest. Set aside 1-2 tablespoons of the sauce to brush on the salmon once it’s fully cooked.
- Marinate the salmon in the rest of the sauce for at least 30 minutes before grilling. Once the salmon is ready, preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush grill grates with oil. Place salmon filets on the grill diagonally to the grill grates. Grill with the lid closed for 2-4 minutes (depending on the thickness of the salmon) or until grill marks appear. Use tongs and a wide spatula to carefully turn the fish onto the other side, so that the skin side is now on the grill grates.
- Close the grill lid. Cook for another 2-5 minutes, again depending on the thickness of the filets. The salmon should be barely opaque throughout when done.
- Brush the tops of the salmon with the remaining sauce and serve immediately with lime slices and chopped herbs, if desired.
Servings: 4 / Calories: 415 / Fat: 38g / Protein: 9g / Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 3g / Cooking time: 15 min
For the crust:
- 2/3 cup superfine blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp powdered monk fruit sweetener (or any powdered sweetener)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 oz / 220g cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener (or any powdered sweetener)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Crushed cookie crust
For the cookie crust:
- In a bowl, mix the crust ingredients together. Set aside.
For the cheesecake layer:
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the cream cheese for about a minute until smooth and creamy. Beat in the powdered sweetener followed by the sour cream, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Mix until smooth and combined.
- Assemble the parfaits by layering 1 to 2 tablespoons of the cookie crust on the bottom of each serving glass or jar. Set aside some crust for garnishing, if desired.
- Layer the crust with the cheesecake mixture.
- Top with sliced strawberries and the remainder of the cookie crust. Store in the refrigerator, allowing the parfaits to set for at least 60 minutes.