A diet that lets you have bacon, cheese, dessert, and some cocktails once in a while? Dreams really do come true.
Just because you’re on a low-carb diet doesn’t mean you can’t occasionally indulge in a delicious keto cocktail. Here, some of the best keto friendly cocktails that are low carb and delicious, from margaritas to martinis to mojitos.
Keto Piña Colada
Total Carbs: 9g Net Carbs: 8g
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (120ml / 4fl.oz)
- 1/4 cup coconut water (60ml / 2fl.oz) or water (+ice)
- 1 shot dark or white rum (40g / 1 1/2fl.oz)
- 1 slice fresh pineapple (30g / 1oz)
- 3-5 drops liquid Stevia extract or other healthy low-carb sweeteners
- Before you start making your cocktail, you will need to freeze the coconut water for 1-2 hours in an ice cube tray. Alternatively, you can use regular water and add fresh coconut water directly into the drink.
- Place the pineapple and coconut milk into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Place the coconut water, rum, sweetener, ice cubes, and the pineapple mixture into a cocktail shaker, add rum, and shake well.
- Garnish with a slice of fresh pineapple and serve immediately.
Total Carbs: 4g Net Carbs: 3g
- 1 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 bottle (750ml) brut champagne or sparkling wine
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
- Place the strawberries and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of the puree into the bottom of a champagne flute, and top with champagne. With a long spoon, very gently stir. Garnish with a fresh strawberry slice and sip away.
Keto-jito (Low-Carb Mojito)
Total Carbs: 2g Net Carbs: 2g
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 fl oz / 30 ml light rum
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 teaspoon preferred low-carb sweetener
- Ice cubes
- Club soda or seltzer water
- Muddle the mint leaves in the base of a glass with a wooden spoon or muddler.
- In a cocktail shaker, add lime juice, rum, sweetener, and ice. Shake until well mixed.
- Pour the rum mixture into the glass and top with club soda.
Total Carbs: 3g Net Carbs: 3g
- 1½ oz/ 40 ml tequila
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup water
- 1-2 tablespoon sweetener of choice
- ¼ teaspoon orange extract (optional)
- Optional: salt or kosher salt
- Optional: lime wedge for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, lime juice, water, sweetener, and a small handful of ice. Shake until well mixed. Alternatively, you can mix ingredients in a blender until slushy.
- Pour mixture from the shaker into the glass, either over ice or straight up. If blended, pour straight into the glass.
Total Carbs: 2g Net Carbs: 1g
- 1½ oz / 40ml vodka, to taste
- 2 teaspoons cranberry juice (unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 -3 drops orange extract (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons granulated sweetener
- 1 orange wedge or orange peel for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker half-full of ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a small orange wedge or curl of orange peel.
Disclaimer: Alcohol’s impact on your body starts from the moment you take your first sip. While an occasional glass of wine with dinner isn’t a cause for concern, the cumulative effects of drinking wine, beer, or spirits can take their toll. It has been proved that drinking alcohol slows down weight loss…so if that’s your main goal, we wouldn’t recommend its consumption.